- The process of slowing down the aging of an apple uses toxic gas strong enough to kill a human.
- The average age of an apple you buy in the store is 11 months
- 90% of the antioxidants in an apple are missing by the time we ingest it
- Only 2% of U.S. population is employed in agriculture
- There have been more farmer suicides in the previous year than previous the 10 years before that combined
- With the dwindling interest in farming, how will we grow enough food to sustain life?
- Technology now allows us to grow plants using computers with 30 sensors on the plant to measure and control things like carbon dioxide, oxygen, and humidity.
- Could personal food computers be a way of the future?